You May Be Missing Something!

Monday, April 28, 2008

New news about stress

Back in the mid 90’s there was this doctor who was more homeopathic than anything else. I liked him for some reason even though the term homeopathic gives me chills. I guess he was kind of different. He was more about drugs in moderation. Like before giving a kid antibiotics when their ear hurts, he would encourage them to drink more water, lay off the milk, and breathe. Apparently, breathing is very important. You have to learn to breathe in deeply through your nose in a nice relaxing fashion that opens up the airways into your sinus cavities to relieve the pressure.

He was also big into stress. Stress kills. He advised people to quit watching the news or reading the newspaper because the news that sells tends to cause stress. It makes you worry which makes you sick. Normally, I’m not one to jump on a bandwagon. I’m too lazy. But, I decided to try this. I just completely quit watching the news and it paid off. Of course, this went well with my laziness because I am generally too lazy to watch TV as well.

I challenge you all to quit watching the news or reading the newspaper for the next week and see how it goes. Ignorance is bliss. This recommendation especially goes to the person that instigated my need to blog. I think he’s been watching the news too much lately.


1 comment:

  1. I don't watch the news. I read the news. And you're right. I need to stop reading the news in that newspaper I read that isn't really a newspaper but more of a Chamber of Commerce, civic boosting, full of annoying exaggerations and outrageous misrepresentations waste of newsprint. I was gonna blog today, once more, about something ridiculous I read in it this morning. But decided to give it a day's rest and instead blog about wildflowers. Which I've not gotten around to doing yet.

    ReplyDelete