You May Be Missing Something!

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Grumpy, stressed old men and failure to blog

I'm trying to buy a new house. Yesterday I spent darn near all day house hunting, comparison shopping, making offers, arguing with real estate agents and fighting with my wife.

This morning, I woke up, checked my email and found 3 emails from my agent. The house we picked yesterday was way overpriced. They bought the house 2 years ago and today are asking $30k more than what they paid for it.

I'm tired of looking for house, but patience is a virtue and good things come to those that wait.

There is this other house that I like, but my real estate agent is not able to show me the house today. So, why can't I go look at it myself? I've sold a house before and my agent then said, "never show anyone your house unless they have an agent or are an agent." Where is the logic? Why can't I register somewhere and then apply to see the house and the owner let's me in to look around?

It seems crazy that you have to schedule house tours with an agent. I tried to do an online thing to schedule a tour of the house and they want to know if I already have an agent. I guess the people selling the house are wanting double commission for fools that want to see the house without an agent.

How come you can buy a $30k car in 5 years for about $700 per month, but a $90k house costs $600 per month for 30 years?


No comments:

Post a Comment