You May Be Missing Something!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Tasmanian Devil Loves Your Playboy Bunny

Pay no attention to the title.

Once upon a time there was a man going through a rough patch and he played Everquest to get him through. It eliminated stress because he had a very active imagination and Everquest (EQ) took him to another world.

Two years later that man was happier about life and World of Warcraft (WoW) was released. WoW and EQ are very similar. They are both Massively Multi-player Online Role-playing Games.

I was much more addicted to WoW than I was to EQ. Even my kids played WoW.

I think the term "Role-playing" comes about because you are supposed to take on the characteristics of another being (dwarves, elves, whatever). EQ had quite a lot of that. I played EQ with a guy from up near Philadelphia and he always played a female character. He was good at role-playing. WoW doesn't have so much role-playing, but it's funner to play. I think the masses of people that play WoW are prohibitive to role-playing. It is more fun to be a dork in front of hundreds than in front of thousands.

I quit playing WoW. It was taking up too much of my time. But, I can't help looking anxiously ahead for the next big MMORPG and wondering what it will be and what it will be like. Maybe it's already here and I just haven't bought it yet.

So, anyway, all of my WoW characters ended with Taz. Since you are allowed to have multiple characters on multiple servers, I always ended all of my names with ...taz so that people could find me no matter where I was. And my Taz toons loved to play with the bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment