You May Be Missing Something!

Monday, August 4, 2008

Dealing with Stress

I think sometimes I re-blog. I don't go back and re-read so I'm sure it's not verbatim, but rather a re-iteration of something I've already blogged. I like the word blog.

McCain is 3 months younger than my dad. Obama is 3 months older than my brother. So McCain is old enough to be Obama's dad. Bob Barr is close to the middle. He's 12 years younger than McCain and about 16 years older than Obama. I hope that helps you make a decision. It certainly pointed me in the right direction (not really, but it was fun).

I get stressed for unknown reasons. Sometimes, my wife will say, "What's wrong with you?" and I say, "I'm stressed!". Then she says, "About what?" And I say, "I don't know." Then, I have to think about why I'm stressed and a lot of times, I think it's just that time of the month or something. I can't explain it.

I discovered when I was younger that if I don't watch TV (specifically the news), then my stress level goes down. People are amazed when they ask me about current events and I know nothing about them. I literally don't read the newspaper, I don't watch the news and when the radio is talking about something that makes me tense, I turn the channel. Stress kills. People that deal in stress should get a life sentence in an inhospitable prison.

When you buy a house, you immediately get inundated with people that deal in stress. You have the insurance people calling, "What are you going to do if your house burns down?". Then, you have the security people calling you, "Did you realize that last year alone X houses in this neighborhood were victims of robbery?" And that's not even counting the nice mortgage people sending you letters every week, "We noticed you are not covered by our mortgage insurance plan! What happens to your wife and kids when you get hit by a fast moving train tomorrow? Will they be able to keep the house?"

Is there a political party that believes in taking care of the little guy (like me) while still shrinking the size of government and getting out of my business? And by taking care of the little guy, I don't want them to give me anything. But, I think some kind of regulations over big businesses are necessary. Monopolies are bad. Taking advantage of people is bad.

Of course, if you make it illegal to hurt anyone financially, physically, or mentally, then you may have covered all of your bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment