You May Be Missing Something!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weekend House Marathon Quotes & Beer

I could probably turn this post into 2 or 3 or maybe 4 posts, but I'm going to summarize it all into one because I assume that most people are like me and don't like to read this. Actually, when I think about it logically, I know this is not true (the part about most people being like me -- not the reading), but who needs that?

I'm going to tell you about last weekend. It started on Friday.

I was coerced into going to a "going away" party. We went to where the party was happening, but we didn't actually participate at the table with the people that were "going away" so I am not sure it was actually a "going away" party that I went to. It was more like a proximity going away party.

It was fun though. I met some new people (who were not going away) and did some karaoke and drank a bit. It was actually one of my more entertaining evenings in maybe a month or so. I've discovered that the more uncomfortable I become in a social situation, the more I enjoy it. I haven't been able to scientifically point out why this is true, but I think I try so hard to make myself comfortable that I overcompensate and make it a lot of fun. Or it could be that I just drink more alcohol. The two people I invited to last Friday's festivities didn't show. Therefore, they get no nachos.

On Saturday, the USA Network started the weekend long House marathon. I normally don't watch too much TV, but House is one of my favorite shows. He thinks like I do and I wish I had the balls to speak my mind like he does. It's also interesting that he only has one friend and he makes most everyone else mad. Anyway, on Saturday and Sunday, I watched more TV than I have in the last 4 months.

I was supposed to go to a Libertarian meeting on Saturday and I missed it because I was in the middle of a particularly good House episode. It's very sad and I really have no excuse. I find myself feeling mildly guilty that I missed it. I was going to share with them my beer/wine challenge idea for getting people to know about the Libertarian party. For those still reading, here's the idea:

You put a person at a table and ask them which beer is the best in the world, Coors Light or Bud Light? Then, normal, smart, non-brainwashed folks will say, "Are those the only two choices? Then I would choose not to drink." So, we care more about our choices for beer, wine, soda, etc. than we do about our choices for President. It's time to give Shiner Hefeweizen a try! The media needs to give the American people more than 2 choices. We can obviously handle it.

Favorite House quote:
"I choose to believe that the white light people sometimes see... they're all just chemical reactions that take place when the brain shuts down.... There's no conclusive science. My choice has no practical relevance to my life. I choose the outcome I find more comforting.... I find it more comforting to believe that this isn't simply a test."

No comments:

Post a Comment