You May Be Missing Something!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Apologies

I must apologize for my, as Ed said, "Chimablogging".

I was tempted to delete the blog post in question out of some misconstrued fear that someone would actually read it and take it the wrong way. I have decided to leave it as a reminder.

I woke up this morning and meandered down to the kitchen to check the label on the bottle of beer. Let me just tell you that it's a good beer and I didn't drink it fast. It lasted me through an hour of Braveheart and an hour of a History Channel documentary on Shiloh. But that stuff is potent. 9% alcohol by volume and 75 CL. Far too much for a Tuesday night and far too much before blogging. My experiment was near disastrous.

4 comments:

  1. I have a solution for you. Brilliant minds, like yours, throughout history, have found that lubricating their thought processes with alcohol, while writing, was very useful. What you need to do is have fun scribbling your boozed up bloggings. But save them as a draft til morning. Then re-read and correct with your sober eyes. You will thus be able to preserve both your alcohol enabled brilliance and prevent looking like a total dumbass. It will be a win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto Durango!

    A lubricated limbic system is a fine thing indeed for the creative process, but editing is best done dry. Just make sure you don't self-edit too aggressively. Part of the fun of boozeblogging is the totally random shit you might come up with--you don't want to deprive your readers of totally random shit, do you? I mean, it's in the title of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. heheh heheh. Ed said Random.

    I feel that I should let my multitude of readers know that Ed is an Absquatulating Texan who Absquatulated to Washington. And Durango is an Absquatulating Washingtonian who Absquatulated to Texas.

    I just gotta quit drinking.

    ReplyDelete