You May Be Missing Something!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

John Adams

After yesterday's escapades, I decided to sit down with a nice dinner, tea and a DVD from Netflix tonight.

If you haven't seen the HBO mini-series, "John Adams", then you should. There is a description on IMDB.

The entire mini-series is in my Netflix queue, but I'm thinking of purchasing it.

I don't know how much of it is historically accurate, but I figure it's close enough. Not long ago I watched a PBS documentary on Thomas Jefferson. The writing of the Declaration of Independence was represented a bit differently in this mini-series than it was in the documentary.

The 2nd installment entitled "Independence" almost made me shed a tear. I'm sure there is something meaningful I could say about taxes, tea parties and Obama, but after listening to actors portray the thoughts and words of John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Frankin, and George Washington, I don't feel qualified to write much more than I already have.



No comments:

Post a Comment