You May Be Missing Something!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A is for Musical Aquarians

I tried to make a list of some of my favorite Aquarians and I realized that there are far too many to do one per week.

So immediately after I began this fiasco I am already changing the game plan.

I’m sticking with the idea of alphabetizing by first name, but I’m allowing myself the luxury of combining more than one Aquarian in a single post.

Today for instance, we have Alice Cooper.  He was born on February 4, 1948.  He was born Vincent Damon Furnier.  I guess I could have saved him for the V’s, but would anyone really recognize that name?  He hit it big in 1971 in a band called Alice Cooper with the song, “I’m Eighteen”.  In 1975 he changed his name to the name of the band in typical Aquarian fashion.  You can read more about Alice Cooper here.  My favorite album by Alice Cooper?  “Flush the Fashion” with songs like, “Aspirin Damage” and “Nuclear Infected”.  When you find yourself shakin’ from the medication taken, oh yeah.

And not to be outdone by Alice, we also have Axl Rose.  Axl was born on February 6, 1962.  He was born William Bruce Rose, Jr.  In typical Aquarian nature, he changed his name to Axl Rose.  This might be only typical Aquarian nature for musicians  born under the sign.  I haven’t changed my name yet.    He was, and still is, the front man for Guns N’ Roses.  You can read more about him here.  “Appetite for Destruction” is by far my favorite GnR album.  It was released in 1987 which is the year I graduated high school.  I tried to convince my class of 20 to use “Welcome to the Jungle” as our class song, but I wasn’t nearly as creatively influential then as I am now.  Those silly kids opted for “Never Say Goodbye” by Bon Jovi.  It kind of made me nauseous, but I tried not to let it show.  You know where you are?  You’re in the Jungle Baby!  You’re gonna die.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I voted for "You Gotta Fight For Your Right...To Party" by the Beastie Boys. Really, Wink...a JUNGLE? Things in Wink just dry out and turn to dust...no jungle here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always looked at it as a "graduation" song. As in, you're leaving Wink, the desert, and heading out into the jungle.

    I may have been completely backwards in my outlook.

    Maybe "We Gotta Get Out of This Place" would have been more appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reevaluating from your perspective, you're right; some of us did leave...but you know some of us still need some help, so how about "All These Things I've Done" by the Killers?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZVcCavwteg

    ReplyDelete