You May Be Missing Something!

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Where Have All The Aquarians Gone?

One of my colleagues, who is also Aquarius, also sports facial hair. A couple of weekends ago I had a deep unexplained urge to remove all facial hair. I was seconds away from turning on the razor when my wife talked me out of it. When I came to work on Monday, my colleague had removed his facial hair. I was glad that my wife had talked me out of it. How awkward would that be?

My first guest Aquarius today is Chris Duarte. His birthday is February 16, 1963. I saw him a couple of weeks ago at the Bedford Blue Festival with Buddy Guy. It would be remiss of me not to mention that he quotes Shakespeare when he's tuning his guitar on stage. It's just a strange Aquarian quirk I think.He is a Texas blues guitar slinger. Observe…

Charles Dickens was born on February 7, 1812. Because of my piss poor education (you have to read the comments) I don’t think I’ve ever read any of his books. Perhaps I should remedy that.

Charles Darwin was born the exact same day as Abraham Lincoln: February 12, 1809. He married a cousin. I had a crush on one of my cousins once.

Speaking of crushes, I recently discovered that probably my first sort of real girlfriend (I mean I was 12 years old or something) is/was an Aquarius. She was probably my first older woman too. She was born on February 9, exactly 5 days before me. Her name is Cristy so she fits in nicely in my alphabetical list. I would post a picture, but that would involve me asking her permission and I’m not up to it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...I never knew you lacked a bit of the Dickens...how tragic. I don't think it fair to blame your lack of Dickens on "our" mutual education, although, I do think that I gained most of my education by the 10th grade, thus eliminating any harm KISD/WISD could have done. For a short read with a tad bit of humor and colorful imagery, I suggest A Christmas Carol. When you have time, and if you're interested in the French Revolution,espionage, murder and romance, then I suggest A Tale of Two Cities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other day someone sent me a list of all the books you "should read". There were 100 books and I think I had read 5 with portions of another 1 or 2, but that's fodder for another post.

    It got me to thinking what I read in school. The only time I remember having to read any books for school was in the 9th grade.

    I remember nothing about 10th or 11th grade English. I fondly remember 12th grade English, but I don't remember any literature (unless you count Bob Dylan lyrics).

    I don't remember much about college English either except making bad grades.

    ReplyDelete