You May Be Missing Something!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Cancer Clusters

If I decide after 5 years to drain the pool in my backyard and then the next month a neighbor's kid gets diagnosed with cancer. Then a few months later the kid across the street gets diagnosed with a similar type of cancer. I will come to one sad, but necessary conclusion. I am going to quit draining my pool water. I'll think of some other way to empty my pool. I don't know if draining my pool water caused it. Heck, I can be fairly certain that the simple act of me draining my pool didn't cause it. I know no one can prove it. But, I'll be damned if I am going to take any chances. If my neighbors start getting sick after I did something that I normally don't do, then I'm going to cease and desist as quickly as possible. I don't want to take any chances.

I live in Flower Mound. Texas health officials are coming in next month to do an investigation into the possibility that there have been an unusual number of cases of childhood leukemia since 1998.

From Wikipedia, "The Barnett shale has acted as a source and sealing cap rock for more conventional oil and gas reservoirs in the area. It was thought that only a few of the thicker sections close to Fort Worth would be able to support economic drilling, until new advances in horizontal drilling were developed in the 1980s. Techniques such as fracturing, or "fraccing", wells, used by Mitchell Energy, opened the possibility of more large scale production. Even with new techniques, significant drilling did not begin until gas prices increased in the late 1990s."

It's time to quit taking chances. And that's all I've got to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment