You May Be Missing Something!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Dental Hygienist Hammering Hamster Mom

If you haven’t heard this yet, you can read it here.image   I’ll try and summarize for the people not wanting to read it from CBS…

Let’s call this little guy on the left Herman.  He’s the pet hamster of a young boy.

This woman from Georgia was disappointed in her 12 year old son’s grades at school so she forced him to smash Herman’s little head with a hammer. 

It kind of reminds me of that little poem.  How did it go?

there was a bird,

with a yellow bill,

sitting on,

my window sill,

I lured him in,

with a piece of bread,

and then I crushed,

his little head

But that’s simply a funny tangent.  It just sprang to mind uninvited so I shared it -- uninvited.image

Lynn Geter is the woman’s name.  I think CBS probably had to look around a bit to find the most wicked picture of her they could find.  She looks like a real winner.

She was arrested on a number of charges after her son told his teacher what happened.  I wonder if he told his teacher or he bragged to his teacher.  The world may never know and I’m not sure that it matters.

Now I like putting myself in people’s shoes before I pass judgment.  So, now I’m Lynn and I’m trying to get my 12 year old kid to do their homework and they aren’t doing it.  They aren’t making good grades in school because they refuse to study.  I’ve tried for months to make my kid do better in school, but they refuse to do what I’ve asked them to do.  I’m at the end of my rope and I finally say, “Ok boy, go get the hammer.”  Cuz, by golly, if I can’t get you to crack open a book and learn something, I bet I can force you to smash in Herman’s little head with a hammer.

Ok, dream sequence over.  It’s not working for me.  I can’t come up with any justification at all.  This mom and her son have serious issues.

As I get down to the bottom of the article I read that Lynn is a dental hygienist.  I don’t know about you, but I go see my hygienist every 4 months and there is a large amount of trust that goes on there.  They are digging at my gums with sharp instruments!  I have an appointment with my hygienist this Friday.  Maybe I should ask him how he feels about homework and hamsters.  I’ll be real nice and make sure and open nice and wide when told to do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment