You May Be Missing Something!

Friday, January 15, 2010

OPM and Libertarians Want to Eliminate "The Man"

The timing of this post couldn't be any worse, but oh well.

I have a little over 800 CD's in my collection and sometimes I listen to a CD and it reminds me of something that happened...well...before I started to blog.

The lyrics to "Heaven is a Halfpipe" by OPM always take me back. It brings back memories explaining why I'm not religious. It's a stretch for people to understand unless they can take a walk around inside the besieged neural pathways of my brain and are able to converse with my abused synapses. I've tried to explain it before and I always get laughed at so I quit explaining.

I just smile to myself and enjoy the song. Go here to read the lyrics. Watch the video here and listen to the lyrics. My favorite verse?
"...if you wanna come to my heaven
well we're all gonna have a ball
and everyone u know is welcome
'cause we got no gates or walls..."

That verse has so many meanings... I listened to my OPM CD again today and thought I'd share that little tidbit. If it means nothing to you then that's okay. Oh yeah, here's the video:

2 comments:

  1. Law, in America, has always been based on several critical concepts, one of which is that people of like situation are treated like others of like situation. If you plunder one person for the benefit of another person, neither of which differ, laws are are violated. If you take from one bank, a punitive tax, and give it to another bank, the law is violated. The Federal Government today, under the direction of organized criminals who break the law and plunder Americans without remorse, is becoming, itself, a center of criminal activity. However, just as with Robin Hood, the few who benefit from theft of their fellows wealth will justify criminal politicians, as did many in Louisiana under Huey Long. Claysamerica.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the more wordy comments of insanity I've ever received. Although my instincts tell me to delete it. I have decided to leave it. No one reads these things anyway and I read it, scratch my head, and smile.

    ReplyDelete