You May Be Missing Something!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Reversing Ages

As my eldest daughter quickly approaches the driving age of 16, I've decided that perhaps Texas should reverse the drinking age and driving ages. The current drinking age is 21.

I firmly believe it would be better if the drinking age were 16 and the driving age were 21. That would give you plenty of time to learn to handle your alcohol before getting behind the wheel of a 2 ton motorized death trap.

It would also be cheaper for the parental units. A bottle of beer ($2), a new car ($20,000), a used car ($2000). And what about all you youngsters out there? Wouldn't you rather drink than drive? I know I would.

1 comment:

  1. Change the age to 21? Ha! In Singapore, if you are a guy and not schooling, you need to go into the army for 2 years at this age. You’re begin a little over-protective Gar.

    ReplyDelete