You May Be Missing Something!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mingo Fishtrap at McDavid Studio

Mingo Fishtrap was really good.  I went and saw them last Friday at McDavid Studio in Fort Worth.  If you’ve never been to the McDavid Studio, you should find an event you like and go.  It’s well worth it.

It’s general admission or “first come first serve”, but I don’t think there is a bad seat in the house.  There are little round tables setup in front of the stage with 4 seats to a table.  I would say it would maybe seat about 250.  There is always an opportunity to talk to the band (either at intermission or after the show) if you are so inclined.

If you decide to dress up for it, you won’t feel overdressed.  Sometimes I feel a little underdressed, but no one ever says anything.  It’s a casual high class environment and I like it.

Mingo Fishtrap fit in rather nicely to this environment with their classy swing sound mixed with some good blues and R&B.  The front man was nice enough to come shake hands with my German guests who joined me for the event.

As usual, fun was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment