You May Be Missing Something!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Find Toto

image This morning I received a call.  I was in the shower so I didn’t answer, but it was one of the most intriguing phone calls I’ve received in quite some time.

It was a “lost dog alert” – a recording similar to the ones received when there is an incoming tornado.  I don’t know how they determine which numbers to call, but it basically said something like, “Lost dog alert.  Someone in your neighborhood has lost their dog.  Cassidi’s dog Roxy has been missing since April 30th.  Roxy is tan and white, 10 pounds and a min pin/jack russell mix.  If you have seen Roxy or think you can help locate Roxy please call 214-xxx-xxxx.  To find other missing pets in your area go to www.findtoto.org.”

I know this dog is in my area because I saw the signs up last time I was out walking in the parks in my neighborhood.  Hopefully some nice old lady picked up Roxy and will also have received the phone call so Cassidi can get her dog back.

What a cool idea!  It’s the simple things folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment