You May Be Missing Something!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

What You See is What You Get

I started watching Lost a while back and made it through about 3 episodes before I quit watching it.

When this season (season 6) started, I decided it was time to give it another try.  Netflix has this “watch it now” feature which I find mostly convenient and, at times, a bit disturbing.

Meandering aside, I just watched an episode titled, “I Do”.  It’s in season 3.  It seems I am valiantly trying to catch up to season 6 before it is released to the “Watch It Now” viewers.  I wonder how many others will be able to say they watched all 6 seasons in 1 year.

I meandered again even though I said meandering aside.

Back in April, I made the off-handed comment that I am attracted to mysterious people.  You can go read it if you like.  It’s the last paragraph.

Back to “I Do”.  A guy was explaining why he was in love with Kate who was “in disguise” as Monica.  I think there was some kind of irony there.  The writers of Lost seem to be very good.

Anyway, what he said, was something along the lines of, “I love her because what you see is what you get.”  

This, of course, got me to thinking.  I like mysterious people, but I think I love “what you see is what you get”.  I can detect when people are hiding things from me and this can be entertaining.  But, when it’s someone you love, it’s just irritating.

I like a mystery.  I like a riddle.  I like a good conundrum.  But, I love stability.  When you give your heart, you don’t want it shrouded by doubt.  When the person you gave your heart to starts hiding, then it’s time to kindly request it back.

As a side note, I’m going out tonight with a mystery.  Don’t worry, he’s a guy.  He’s kind of planned his own birthday party.  If something happens to me, I went to the Windmill Lounge and he texted me several times today giving me instructions. :)

I’m not scared of getting hurt.  I’m scared of the person doing the hurting not getting caught.

3 comments:

  1. Garbo---
    That was all very confusing and very LOST-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lost. Found it the very first season and have never stopped watching. I did miss the first five episodes last season due to my cable carrier not carrying ABC...ugh. BUT I did download and watch all missed episodes that year using XBOX Live...truly amazing, no commercials!

    I say relationships are over rated. I tried dating this guy recently. And that's all I wanted to do was date and have a good time. Constantly he insisted that we be exclusive. Against my better judgment I finally gave in. Guess what...just the other day...he says he wants to date other people. HA HA HA...now that's irony. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. D, I think you read the unedited version. I have found that writing after exercise is a lot like writing after drinking except not as funny, but the same number of errors.

    CT, I've made the exclusivity error in the past, but I was the one on the "let's be exclusive" side only to discover she wasn't the one.
    I didn't really find someone else when I broke it off. I was just 90% sure she wasn't the one.
    In hindsight, I wish I would have waited and just dated instead of ignorantly hitting the accelerator and imagining a brick wall.

    ReplyDelete