You May Be Missing Something!

Monday, March 7, 2011

My Mentha Martha Stewart Moment

Maybe a year and a half ago I bought this mint plant at Home Depot.  Actually my ex-wife bought it I believe, but I thought it sounded like a good idea.

She almost killed it.  It had one little vine barely grasping onto the the edges of photosynthetic life.  Then, she left.  Now, the plant, in my solo loving care, has flourished.  I have it in my kitchen above the sink.

Some people coming to visit tell me that it smells like sh*t.  It has a rather strong odor and not always consistent.  I think most of the time it masks the unpleasant smells coming from the dirty sink which I am too lazy to clean.

Anyway besides the obvious uses of the fresh leaves in cooking, and in making mojitos, I discovered today that if you throw one of those into the garbage disposal, it brings minty odoriferous emanations into the kitchen.  I knew you'd be pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment