You May Be Missing Something!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

S.A.R's

Sometimes it worries me immensely that the media has chosen to give Americans only two options for President.  This is one of those times.  Chiefly because Republicans seems to have been hit with a giant 2x4 of dumb assedness.

I don't like the government telling me what drugs I can take.  I don't like the government telling me how much I can drink.  I don't like the government telling me if I can kill myself.  And I don't like the government telling me who I can marry.

The government should get out of the drug business.  The government should get out of the protecting me from myself business.  And the government should get out of the marriage business.

Republican candidate extraordinaire (heightened sarcasm alert) Rick Santorum seems to have made a leap in the polls brought on by, something I can only attribute to, Stupid Ass Republican syndrome.  Of all the people I could possibly vote for, he is so far down the list it's not even funny.

He wants to fix up the constitution to make marriage a federal issue?  Do we really want the federal government doing this kind of thing?  What happened to separation of church and state?  If not for religion, then what's his excuse for wanting to modify the constitution to tell us who we can marry?

Catholics were/are in a an uproar because Obama wants employers to pay for contraception.  They say it's the government making them do something that is against their religion, but they are probably all lining up to vote for Stupid Ass Republicans.  Tell the Catholics to go do business elsewhere then.  Quit using your religion to squash people's freedoms.  In religion versus freedom I say freedom wins out.  Forcing businesses to follow healthcare standards is arguable.  Trying to get out of it because of religion is ludicrous.

How much further can you shove religion down someone's throat than by telling them who they can marry?  Stupid Ass Republicans need to find their own stupid country where they can try and force people to live by their stupid morals.  And get out of mine.  This is still the Land of the Free.  Take yourselves to the Land of the Don't Do Anything that Might be Morally Offensive to My Religion Loving Stupid Ass Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment