You May Be Missing Something!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bi-Weekly Update (7 of n)

I missed last week and not sure I can get another one off this week. Just in case you were wondering.

This Friday I'm having hip surgery. Wish me well! I have to be at the surgery center at 6 AM. I don't know if I'm more concerned about the surgery or having to get up at the butt crack of dawn.

I spent last week in England. It was horrific. This is my depiction of what England looks like:
I literally woke up at 8 AM, went to work in a warehouse and stared at a wall that looked much like the picture above (except slightly darker and grungier -- I wasn't feeling artistic when I created the picture and cameras weren't allowed in the warehouse).

I left the warehouse at 9 PM, had a quick dinner and went to bed so that I could get up the next day and do it again. This went on for 8 days. I think everyone should be thankful that I only threatened to quit once. The really sad part is I had to leave my colleague behind. It made me feel very dishonorable. But, it all comes down to self preservation and I survived.

I did come up with some new blog material while I was there. Now, I just need to find time to put it into some thin layer of barely comprehensible jargon.



3 comments:

  1. I take it you did not get to go to the Olympics Closing Ceremony. You make your England experience sound to be quite a fine time. 6am at a Surgery Center does not sound like quite a fine time. You seem way too young to be getting your hips replaced. I remember when my grandma had that operation. The results were good. I'm sure you'll have a similar good outcome. Changing the subject to something other than your surgical woes, I am a bit perplexed by your blog graphic. You changed the name of your blog to Gar's World and the graphic seems to be a graphical representation of Gar, well, positioning himself in a fornicatory position on top of the world. Am I interpreting your artistic impression correctly? Basically you are saying F-You to the entire planet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh heavens no. I'm saying I love the planet. Maybe a little too much.

      Delete
  2. If that's how engaged you look when you're enjoyin' sexy times, I've even *more* pity for your partners. Picture doesn't say "fk the world" to me, more a languid, "Whatever." Although it does vaguely look like you might be giving Pakistan a hand job.

    ReplyDelete