You May Be Missing Something!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Jet Lag Prevention Wear

Supposedly, they also help with people who are having trouble sleeping, people with the no sunshine blues (more commonly referred to as SAD), people who work strange shifts (like the graveyard shift), but I am more interested in these $280 glasses for their supposed jet lag relief.

Usually I dose myself with melatonin and Benadryl when I board a jet heading for the other side of the pond, but now, apparently, I can just wear these fancy glasses that claim to be backed by 25 years of study. After 25 years of research, they've developed 4 little green lights to shine into your eye holes.

The company is called Re-Timer and they are out of Australia. Since my most frequent flight is from Dallas to Frankfurt, I put it into their "scheduling program" to see exactly how often I'd have to wear the glasses.

I was a bit alarmed that I'd have to get up at 5:30 the day of the flight. If I got up at 5:30 without the glasses I'd be passed out before boarding the plane which usually departs around 3 PM. Just to give you some idea, the flight from Dallas to Frankfurt is about a 9 hour flight. You typically leave around 3 PM and arrive in Frankfurt at about 7 AM. You travel for 9 hours and the clock goes forward by 16 hours. Anyway, here's the results from their Jet Lag Calculator:

I've decided I'm going to wait for someone else to spend the money and let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment